This recipe serves 2 and can be ready in about 45 minutes. Some tips and options are mentioned in the comment section so please read the comments before using the recipe.
- 4 zucchini
- 2 servings of pre-cooked meatballs
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 tsp. cilantro
- 3 tbsp. pesto sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- Slice the bell peppers.
- Sprilize the suchinni with your favorite sprilizer.
- Combine bell peppers, garlic, and meatballs in a medium pan and cook until bell peppers are tender.
- In a large pan (preferably a wak) sprinkle the cilantro on the the zuchinni veggetti and cook for about 4 minutes or just until the zuchinni is al dente.
- Serve the veggetti with the meatballs mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with a little more cilantro and parmesan cheese
COMMENTS: You may use many vegetables to create veggette. I find that zucchini is the best fit for my taste. I’ve also tried broccoli stems. The trick is not to over cook the vegetables. Leave them aldente as much as possible. Keep in mind that they will be cooked a little more when you introduce the hot meatballs to the dish also. If they’re too soggy, use a large strainer to remove the excess liquid. I sometimes just soak up the excess with wads of paper towels.